Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Boda Haircutters

Spiked bracelet- Asos

So here it is, my new hair : )
I was soooooooooo in order for a change, especially considering, as you all well know, all I was capable of was putting my long straight hair in a pony tail or basic bun- even a sock bun is out of my hair styling skill scope : /

Boda Haircutters fit me in on a Saturday morning at pretty short notice which was amazing.  Despite a busy salon I got beautiful customer service, enjoyed a lovely latte and the latest gossip mags while Danielle cut away.  The new senior styling Colleen coloured my hair, we went for a warm chocolate brown semi-permanent which I love- so perfect for Winter!  Followed by the best bit about having your hair done, a blissful head massage and blowdry. Yay!!

In terms of the cut I have to admit after a few days I was not feeling the love for my hair and was struggling to make it work for me, so contacted the owner of the salon, Angie.  I was so impressed at the response, Angie immediately got me back in for an adjustment and some styling lessons for new shorter locks.  As Angie and Danielle said to me- if someone isn't happy with their new haircut they would prefer they came back in so they can make it better.  SO reassuring.

So what do you think?  I'm really excited about my new do, this length should be so much more manageable for me.  This is my second go at putting GHD waves through my hair, not quite as fabulous as when Angie and Danielle had finished with me, BUT a bit more experimenting and I'm sure I'll get the knack of it!


On another note Angie also mentioned that she is looking at holding some styling nights at Boda Haircutters where they would teach you how to style your own hair and work your GHD/curling tongs.  How awesome would that be- I'm totally in!!  Anyone else in need of some styling guidance?


You can find Boda Haircutters at
183 Greville Street, Prahran
Ph: 9510 3083
Facebook: Boda Haircutters

p.s. I was not paid for this review and all views are my own.
     

47 comments:

  1. beautiful hair cut! the waves and layers look great on you.

    Love your blog – very inspiration and great photos!

    Don't forget to enter my $100 Miinto.com Gift Card Giveaway: http://chicadvisor.blogspot.ca/2012/06/100-miintocom-giveaway.html

    Best of luck and keep in touch.

    Cheers, Jacquie
    http://chicadvisor.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a great job! It looks so healthy and bouncy :) x Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The haircut looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I love how it brightens your face and the curls are to die for! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The curls are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks A M A Z I N G lady!!
    I've been wondering when you were going to do the reveal!!!

    Love the GHD curls, they do take a moment to get the hang of!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am LOVING your new hair!
    It really suits you and you look absolutely gorgeous :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair looks beautiful! love that cut on you.
    and i've now decided after many months of pondering that i must have that asos bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a great haircut! love all the waves

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your hair! i just donated mine too :)

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and fresh, I love your new cut, it frames your gorgeous face perfectly too. Have fun with the new do!

    Have a wonderful week
    SDMxx
    http://daringcoco.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cut! I remember when I cut my hair shorter I had difficulty thinking of ways of styling it... Now i'm growing mine long and will soon grow my fringe out to get ready for summer. :)

    Love the colour also!

    x Olivia
    www.theblackpeony.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks absolutely amazing! This salon sounds really awesome! Happy to see you with such a lovely new do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look stunning, your hair suits you SO well!:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOSH! love your style. you are SO pretty!

    Please check out my fashion blog.
    A follow for a follow

    http://melbourneandgeorgette.blogspot.com.au/

    x georgia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a FABULOUS cut, and you did a brilliant job of GHD curling it, Michelle!
    Up here in Brisbane, the Brisbane Beauty Bloggers recently attended a DIY Styling Night at Bossy Hair and it was TRULY the best thing I've ever done for my locks, I learnt so much! http://blog.katypotaty.com/2012/06/04/yodel-ay-hee-hoo.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh I love it. I really need to get the courage to take the chop too. Love your top too xxx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your hair!



    Théa Unknown
    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. your new hair looks amazing! I love that light and fresh feeling after a huge haircut! I'm impressed by your GHD curls, I thought these photos must have been straight after your cut! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous!!! I've been playing with idea of getting back to a long bob, but can't seem to convince myself just yet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How many complements a single lady can get?
    The answer is "Never enough" :))

    Great look, I likie :)

    Maybe you would like to take part in a writing contest?
    I have launched one last week. As much as it is a contest you are also free to drop your story "just like that" about Cross-Cultural experience. I am very very curious about yours.
    Cheers
    Kro

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your new hair cut! The curls in it look great too, you did a fab job :)


    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! I love the way how you look:* kiss and follow!
    http://stylishlifeby.blogspot.com/
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it looks amazing michelle! The salon sounds fantastic too. I'm normally an advocate of long hair but this new look is so stunning on you and I'm sure many would argue it is still long ;)


    ♥ ThankFifi

    ReplyDelete
  24. i like your new look, you look fresh and more chic. Could be inspiration for what I should do on mine, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks beautiful! Such a dramatic change but it suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great new look, my dear, looks really fresh and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful pictures, you have an amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  28. u are so beautiful i like your style

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can not tell you enough HOW MUCH I love your new haircut! There is nothing quite like a dramatic change.

    Ididtellyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the new do! the short waves frame your face so nicely :)

    http://www.fashionbreed.org

    ReplyDelete
  31. this hairstyle looks amazing on you! love the way it frames your face, they did a very nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this cut and it looks stunning on you:) Have a great day, xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the haircut! It makes you look very sophisticated!

    www.theionfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this new length on you, so elegant and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. love the cute you look amazing

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    Fashion by He

    ReplyDelete
  36. love the new hair cut looks amazing on you!

    City Style

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that black (Or gray lol) shirt! it's so simple that it looks like it goes well with pretty much anything! thank you for commenting on my post. :)

    Ayumi

    theayumiaspect.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. The new hairdo looks amazing! You're gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE the new look!

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful hairstyle, your so chic and pretty and you did a good job for your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Came to know about your blog from the chicchefblog. I think short hair suits you more than long hair. Love your style and outfits.

    ReplyDelete